Thursday, April 30, 2015

Body Wash Revisited

Hi there!
It as been over 6 months since I began using my homemade body wash. I am here today to officially review and adjust the recipe.
My original post and recipe can be found by clicking here.

Now that it has been some time I have tweaked the recipe and found this to work best for me:


1/4 cup raw, unfiltered honey
2/3 cup Castile soap (I use Dr. Bronner's)
1/4 cup water

What changed?
-I no longer add the essential oils to the wash. Why? I feel like it was a bit pointless and a waste of precious oils. I use them so often in so many other things during my daily routines and decided I would rather not wash some down the drain. I am getting clean just fine between the honey and Castile soap... plus, the Castile soap already has essential oils included in it.
- I no longer add the almond oil. I did not feel that it was making a difference in the way my skin feels and did not want to wash it down the drain. I use lotion after I bathe and my skin feels hydrated just fine.
-I added water to the recipe. I feel like it helps stretch the use of each batch. It makes the body wash much more sudsy so I use less on my body pouf.

I recycled an agave bottle. If you feel like you still want to use EO's in your body wash please remember to use PET plastic. It is safer than glass when you are slippery in the shower and also safe for essential oil storage.

Enjoy!!
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment