Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Spring Into This Blouse (New Look A6286)

Hi! I have been doing my best to get some weather appropriate everyday pieces sewn up lately.
You may have noticed I tend to lean towards fancier dresses... the kind that are considered everyday in Mad Men and the Stepford Wives. Although I take no issue to being overdressed (it's always better than under-dressed) I am ready to explore sewing "normal" clothes.

I mainly sew skirts and pair them with t-shirts for daily wear but I became bored of the t-shirt look. I am finally ready to expand my blouse collection. I have only made one "spaghetti strap blouse" and one 3/4 sleeve knit top.

The pattern I chose was New Look A6286 in view A


The instructions were easy to follow and the construction was very simple. I really enjoyed making it.


It ties in the back and has a loop button at the top.


 I had no trouble with the fit. The garment measurements listed on the back of the package were perfectly matched to my finished product. I love the shape and feel it is very flattering. The design is so feminine and perfect to welcome the season of Spring into my wardrobe.

XOXOX
Lily Bean


1 comment:

  1. Well done you! That blouse (or gorgeous micro-mini-dress if one wished) looks beautiful,
    and you look beautiful modelling it!!!
    I love the complementary colour contrast between the green belt and the floral print of the blouse - it looks very pretty!

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete