Thursday, January 15, 2015

Muffin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Howdy! The last dessert I baked up last week (when I made the birthday brownies and almond cookies) was this muffin cake. It was my uncle's birthday and, although he asked for brownies, I was not content without a frosted cake. I went looking for recipes and decided to alter a muffin recipe and make my own cream cheese frosting. It came out quite delicious if I may say so myself.


Cake Ingredients
8 tbsp butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
6 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt

In a mixing bowl, mix together the butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix well.
Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 30-35 mins.
Let cool completely before frosting.


Frosting Ingredients
8 oz cream cheese
3 tbsp raw, unfiltered honey
1/4 tsp pure orange extract
1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract

I seriously enjoyed this muffin cake. Scrumptious addition to my after breakfast coffee break.

We will see what I bake up next!
XOXO,
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment