Friday, January 30, 2015

Winds of Change

Hi there!
As I mentioned in a previous post, I have gone through some soul searching lately. I thought it would be good to just touch base on that before I go forward blogging here.
When I first signed up with a company for essential oils, I was encouraged to do my own research. The more I researched the more I realized it wasn't what I thought it was. I then had a fire lit under my butt to properly educate myself. I signed up for some classes through the Aromahead Institute School of Essential Oil Studies. I hope to be able to complete certification in Aromatherapy. It would be even more awesome if I could complete up to the level of Clinical Aromatherapist. No matter which level I manage to complete, it is important that I make educated decisions in essential oil usage for myself, my loved ones, and my blog followers. I do not want to steer anyone in the wrong direction where I may cause any harm. For this reason, I will no longer promote ingestion of oils or application of pure oils on your skin without first diluting with a carrier. That being said, I will still be happy to share safe recipes and uses for essential oils as I learn more. I will not be promoting any specific company to purchase from. I simply encourage you to do your research and pick a company you trust. Look into every step of their process and don't be afraid to ask questions.

As for the winds of change, I decided to extend the content of my blog to include all of my faerie life. I used to have a blog about sewing, hair, cooking, and life in general (click here for my old posts at SewingFaerie). I had become so busy finishing up my associate's degree that I lost track of posting there.

Last week I learned that I will be the sewing instructor at the new local Joann's Fabrics and Crafts. (We previously had a Joann's, but it was so small they could not house any classes. They moved to a much larger location and now classes are launching. It is the only Joann's in the city and I am super stoked to be on the team heading the first classes. This got me to thinking about how bad I wanted to share that side of my life with you also. I realize I could keep both blogs going, but I know I would struggle with keeping it all separated.

On that note, I will now be posting about my sewing adventures as well! I hope you enjoy my creations as much as I enjoy making them!

Thanks for staying tuned and being part of my faerie life!
XOXO,
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment