Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Strawberry Jamming Almond Cookies

Hi there.
When I get to baking, I don't mess around. I need to learn to pull back on the reins a bit though because it seems grain free baking has a shorter shelf life. When I was baking my uncle's birthday brownies, I also made these cookies and some "muffin cake".
There are just so many new recipes to try and I want to eat everything all in one day!
When I was little I used to looooove eating Knott's Berry Farm Shortbread cookies. I still eyeball them when I see them in vending machines. I was on a hunt for grain free cookies that can replace those. I did chose almond cookies instead of shortbread. I must say... I was not disappointed. I could eat a whole batch of these everyday...



Ingredients
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp finely ground sea salt
1 egg
1 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup raw, unfiltered honey
1/4 cup butter (softened)

Mix the egg, vanilla extract, honey, and butter in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix well.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Drop by the tablespoon full and then flatten the ball of dough down. Bake at 350 for 10-12 mins. Let cool and then top with strawberry preserves or topping of your choice. This recipe will make 12-15 cookies.

Enjoy!! I will be making these again soon.
XOXO,
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment