Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Birthday Brownies

Hello!!! I feel like I have been MIA forever... I had to do some soul searching but I am back now.
Last week was my uncle's birthday. I am always in charge of desserts and birthday cakes. I haven't let going grain free limit my options and I am learning how to bake more and more grain free options.
My uncle requested brownies. I hadn't tried brownies yet and was worried it could ruin a birthday dessert... but what could be worse than the year I ruined the frosting for his cake?
I learned the hard way that you can't use granulated sugar to make cream cheese frosting HAHA. We referred to the cake that year as sand cake; it was quite crunchy and grainy. No one at the party said anything mean but I am still glad I have no shame and have the ability to laugh at myself.

So without further adieu, here's the recipe for Birthday Brownies:


Ingredients:
1 cup creamy almond butter
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 tbsp raw, unfiltered honey
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp dark chocolate chips

In your mixing bowl mix together the almond butter, sour cream, eggs, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk the baking soda, coconut sugar, and cocoa powder together in a separate bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl.

Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Pour in the brownie batter and then top with chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins

I want to make these again but I am thinking of 1/4 cup chocolate chips mixed into the batter instead of as a topping. Otherwise, I am super happy with how they came out. They were a bit cakier than traditional brownies but taste spectacular.

Yummy, yummy!
XOXOX
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment