Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Whipped Orange Body Butter

Hello!!
Following in my theme this year of giving the gift of health and beauty by making home made products using essential oils.


Here are the ingredients for :
Whipped Orange Body Butter
1/2 cup cocoa butter
1/8 cup coconut oil
1/8 cup grapeseed oil
30-35 drops Orange EO 


Directions:
Melt the cocoa butter, coconut oil, and grapeseed oil down and whisk them together.
Pour the mixture into a glass mixing bowl and place in the fridge to cool.
As the mixture cools it will harden. Once the mixture has congealed, add 30-35 drops of Orange essential oil.
With the mixture at room temperature, whip it all together. I used my electric mixer... I suppose you can just use some amazing elbow action if the need be.
Use a spoon and fill your containers.


It made approximately 6 oz, filling these two 4 ounce mason jars up about 2/3.



This body butter smells so scrumptious that some of my family actually tasted it. It will provide more than one benefit thanks to the Orange essential oil.
I haven't been able to stop using this cream since I made it. I already notice my hands getting softer.

XOXOX
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment