Saturday, November 15, 2014

Peppermint Essential Oil

Howdy! The next oil featured in my series on the Everyday Oils Collection is 
Peppermint


I want to start by saying that I am not here to tell anyone to get of their medication. I’m not a medical professional and cannot legally diagnose, cure or treat. If you are under the care of a physician, consult them first before diving in. Let it be known that this is for informational purposes only. To practice medicine requires a license…To promote good health does not.

That being said, let's get in to what I love about Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil

Peppermint essential oil from Young Living is so potent that 1 drop is as effective as 26 cups of peppermint tea. I grew up drinking "hierbabuena" whenever I had a tummy ache. My mom would brew this tea from fresh peppermint leaves straight from our backyard. Its no wonder peppermint oil is used to support digestive efficiency and soothe digestive issues. It can also soothe aches and studies show that it can improve concentration and mental sharpness. 

Here are my top 10 11 9 uses for Peppermint Essential Oil
(Update 12/8/14 I am making a personal choice to no longer ingest oils. I have removed 2 reasons here where I had suggested doing so. I will write a blog post explaining my why behind this choice.)
1 - In My Shampoo (recipe here)
2 - Support the immune system which in turn keeps allergies at bay 

4 - Freshen Breathe

6 - Support Digestion
7 - Diffused alone or mixed with other oils for improved concentration while I work.
8 - Relax Tense Muscles
9 - Aches
10 - When my head hurts
11 - To Kill A Craving

Happy oiling!
XOXOX
Lily Bean

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment