Friday, November 14, 2014

Lemon Essential Oil

Hey! The next oil featured in my series on the Everyday Oils Collection is 
Lemon


I want to start by saying that I am not here to tell anyone to get of their medication. I’m not a medical professional and cannot legally diagnose, cure or treat. If you are under the care of a physician, consult them first before diving in. Let it be known that this is for informational purposes only. To practice medicine requires a license…To promote good health does not.

That being said, let's get in to what I love about Young Living Lemon Essential Oil

Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the rind of the lemon, not from the pulpy, acidic juice. This is important since the vitamins and nutrients are in the rind itself. Lemon oil is full of antioxidants which promote healthy immune function. It is used in many natural cosmetics because it is useful in cleansing the skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Lemon oil eats up petrochemicals... feel free to test this yourself by adding a drop to a styrofoam cup or over a balloon. Anyone who has ever drank from a plastic bottle has ingested petrochemicals. I am pretty sure that we have all drank form plastic multiple times in our life. On that note, only add to containers that are glass, ce5ramic, or stainless steel cups/bottles. 
Another item of note: Avoid exposing skin to the sun or UV light within 24 hours of using lemon on the exposed area.

Here are my top 7 5 uses for Lemon Essential Oil
(Update 12/8/14 I am making a personal choice to no longer ingest oils. I have removed 2 reasons here where I had suggested doing so. I will write a blog post explaining my why behind this choice.)
1 - Air freshener (recipe here)
2 - Support the immune system which in turn keeps allergies at bay 
3 - Cleanse Skin Irritations 
4 - Cleanse


7 - Diffused alone or mixed with other oils for wonderful, fresh air

Happy oiling!
XOXOX
Lily Bean

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment