Monday, November 17, 2014

Lemon Oil vs Sticker

Howdy!
I know that I mentioned how Lemon Essential Oil eats up petrochemicals... and I have heard that it will melt stickers right off of things. But I was still somehow surprised when it worked.

A few weeks ago I bought a mini grater from World Market. I wanted it mainly to grate ginger to add to cooking and for teas. The sticker was very inconveniently placed inside the itty-bitty grater... and boy was it STUCK. You can see the corners where I scratched and scratched attempting to remove the sticker.


Then a stroke of genius! Of course... I needed to put a few drops of lemon essential oil. So I added a drop on each side and rubbed it in to be sure the sticker was covered. I left it to sit for about 15-20 minutes. When I returned to see how it worked I expected to still give some effort in scratching it off. I thought I would be able to get it all off but not all in one piece. And then I picked at it...


As you can see, the whole sticker came off in one piece. All that is missing is what I originally scratched off. There was minimal residue left over. This came off when I washed it. (I always let dishes soak in water with Thieves cleaner and then wash with a sponge and blue Dawn.)


My mind is blown and I am beyond impressed with Lemon Essential Oil right now.
Hooray for oily success!!

XOXOX
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment