Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Grain Free Pseudo Tortillas

Hello there!
I came across a recipe for simple tortillas and decided to make adjustments to make them grain free.
I was happy with flavor but I couldn't exactly wrap it around breakfast to make a burrito. However, these worked out great to have on the side and will be awesome for some "huevos rancheros". I thoroughly enjoyed them with my eggs, chorizo, potatoes, and cheese on top. So although I can't call them true tortillas I decided to share the recipe nonetheless.
Behold:
Grain Free Pseudo-Tortillas


Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt


First whisk your dry ingredients together in a bowl. The add your dry ingredients, eggs, and water to a blender and blend until mixed well. You can pour the mix directly from the blender to a hot flat pan. It's very much like making pancakes only you aim to make these thinner. You can "swirl" the pan to help thin out the batter a bit. Let cook until you see bubbles and then flip and cook the other side.

Serve up with a meal the way you would use a flat bread or "tostada".
Enjoy the yummy goodness!! 


XOXOX
Lily Bean


No comments:

Post a Comment