Saturday, February 14, 2015

"Soft Scrub" You Can Touch

Hello there!!
I was raised using the cleaner "Soft Scrub with Bleach" to clean everything. (Sorry Mom... I will never use it again and hope you stop soon as well.) It would always leave me with a headache, irritated skin wherever it had touched, and sometimes ruined clothes. While cleaning I would have to constantly yell at my dogs to stay away or close myself into a bathroom that feels like it has no oxygen. It was never pleasant... I used to dread cleaning.

I have been working so hard to remove all harmful chemicals from my life. I am so happy with the knowledge I am gaining from my classes at the Aromahead Institute School of Essential Oil Studies. I encourage all who are interested to check out the classes offered. (The Intro to EOs is a free class.)
I follow my teacher, Andrea Butje on youtube. (Click here to see her channel). I am sharing her video with a recipe to make an all natural, soft, abrasive cleaning scrub.


I adjusted the recipe to fit my needs. This is what I used:
2 cups baking soda
6 tbsp castile soap
1/2 tbsp corn starch
2 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
30 drops lemon EO
30 drops tea tree EO
20 drops peppermint EO

The container I used was one I recycled. It was a 16oz container for my coconut flour. When I was through with the flour I saw the the plastic used was PET plastic. This type of plastic is safe for use with essential oils.

I have been using this scrub to clean the kitchen sink, kitchen counters, and bathroom and I am so happy with it. A little goes a LONG way, it smells wonderful, and best of all it is chemical free. There is no worry about the safety of my brain cells and lungs, no worry about my pups getting near me, no worry about being stuck in a bathroom full of chemical fumes. I am actually HAPPY to clean now and proud of the way it leaves surfaces. I even had some stains on the counters that have disappeared after scrubbing with this. 

I am one happy cleaning machine these days. I get excited to use my home made essential oil products. I hope you are cleaning safer and healthier as well.

XOXOX
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment