Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Foaming Hand Soap

Hi there!!
Next in like of junk-chemical item I have replaced with a natural DIY recipe is foaming hand soap. Not only is making my own hand soap cheaper, but it is also healthier. I love saving money as much as the next person but what matters most is that it is safe.


I recycled the Thieves foaming hand wash bottles once I was finished with them. I made sure to clean them very good so it would not affect the scent of the essential oils I was using.

For the soap:
3 tbsp castile soap
20 dr Lime EO
6 dr Mandarin EO
6 dr Lemon EO
8 dr Ginger EO


After you add the ingredients, fill the rest of your bottle leaving room at the top for the pump.
One pump of foam does the trick! Wash up.


Initially I had thought I would need to give a shake or swirl before each use. I have been using this DIY soap for a few weeks now and find each pump keeps it stirred up without any need to shake. I love the outdoorsy-citrus smell the blend of EOs gives the soap. Feel free to adjust the blend to your liking and have fun with it.

XOXOX
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment