Monday, October 6, 2014

Butterscotch Cinnamon Cookies, a Fine How Do You Do

Hello and welcome to my first ever post here at FaerieLife.com. I am beyond excited to share so much with you all here. 

I have recently made a conscious effort to be healthier making the switch from junk-food-sugar-addict-carbaholic to a grain-free diet and deciding to quit the drugs in my medicine cabinet for essential oils.
My next step is to get rid of the chemical infested health and beauty products and find all natural items or recipes that work.
How awesome to be sharing this adventure with you all!!

To celebrate the start, I decided to bake some yummy cookies.
Now I know what you may be thinking... didn't you just say you were trying to be healthy? Have no fear, these cookies are a much healthier dessert option than one would think. 
I was ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED of going grain-free until I discovered that I can still have my pasta, pizza, and cookies by simply changing ingredients.
Now, as with anything, I will still eat my healthy "junk" options in moderation. Surely you all feel better too knowing there will be no self deprivation in this healthy lifestyle.
Now, without further adieu...


CINNAMON BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES



Ingredients:
  • 6 Tbsp Almond Flour
  • 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
  • 3 Tbsp Honey
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • A pinch of Salt
  • 2 Tbsp Butterscotch chips (not pictured)
  • 2 Tbsp cinnamon chips


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the almond flour, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and salt into a dough mixer.
You can use a hand mixer if you do not have a dough mixer.


Once your dough is mixed, add the cinnamon and butterscotch chips and mix again for a moment.

If your coconut oil is liquid, your dough will be quite sticky and look slimy. Simply place your dough in the freezer for 5-10 minutes and you will be fine.


You're dough will come out of the freezer more solidified and easier to work with.


Use a rounded 1/2 tbsp measuring spoon to scoop small balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

This recipe yields 8-10 cookies.


Bake your cookies for 8-10 minutes. Let them cool on the tray for a few  minutes before moving to a cooling rack
Enjoy this recipe and I will see you back here for new recipes soon.

Thanks for stopping by!!!
XOXOX
Lily Bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment