Sunday, October 12, 2014

Grain Free Pancakes and Honey Body Wash

Last night I was up so late making DIY bath products, so I decided to just get to bed and postpone my shower until this morning. I woke up so excited to try all my new products out... but first: breakfast. 
We all have out priorities and when my tummy beckons it trumps everything.



On the menu this morning was grain free pancakes.


Ingredients:
4 oz cream cheese
4 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1.5 teaspoon raw, unfiltered honey

Mix all ingredients together. I used my Ninja small food processor.


Let the batter rest for 2 minutes.


Pour batter on hot griddle and flip when edges are cooked.

Enjoy with some maple syrup!

Once my stomach was content I ran straight to the shower and was so delighted using my new honey body wash.


What you need:
An empty bottle
1/4 cup raw, unfiltered honey
2/3 cup Castile soap (I use Dr. Bronner's)
2 teaspoon almond oil
6 drops Young Living Grapefruit EO (get it here)
6 drops Young Living Orange EO (get it here)
6 drops Young Living Melaleuca Alternifolia EO (get it here)

Add all ingredients to your bottle and gently shake to mix the contents. I used a "tornado" motion to swirl it all around. Surprisingly, the next day the contents had not settled much. I still gave a good swirl before squirting into my body pouf. 

Initially I had assumed that it would take ALOT of homemade body wash to get through one shower. In my past experience, homemade bath products went quickly because we use more searching for that same sudsy feeling of store bought product. I squirt a small amount into my pouf expecting to only make it through 1/3 of my body... I was able to wash my whole body and still had plenty  suds to rinse off my body pouf.


This honey wash smells amazing and cleans up nicely!! 

Happy washing!!
XOXOX
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment