Saturday, October 11, 2014

Time for a Tune Up - Lavender Face Serum

Hello again!! I hope you have had a wonderful week!
I hate that I was so quiet (here), but I was putting in some extra hours at work and was beyond exhausted. I work as a medical coder. I recently went to community college and received my Associate's in RHIT (Registered Health Information Technology). I actually passed my credentialing test almost two months before I ever finished the program.
I loooooooove the medical field but was not blessed with a stomach to deal with some of the physical and emotional sides to patient care. By going into health information, I have most prereq's the same as a nurse and get all the aspects of the field from behind my desk. It's the perfect place for me to feed my scientific and secretarial sides.

Human anatomy and pathophysiology are my main loves. I could take those classes every semester for the rest of my life and be happy. I believe that is part of the reason I am so attracted to a healthy lifestyle. I have worked hard to gain an understanding on how the body systems function and see how important it is too keep things in working order.

The average person takes their car for oil changes and makes sure it is always gassed up so it works the way it should. Why don't we do the same with our bodies? I prefer to keep my car in working order instead of waiting for it to break down and then paying the mechanic to fix it.

In my efforts to treat my body as good as I treat my car, I am now educating myself on what is in anything and everything that I put on, in, or around my body. Reading labels has opened my eyes to so much. I am tired of surrounding myself with toxins and carcinogens.
If you take anything from this blog, I hope yo begin to read labels and make informed decisions for yourself. If you can't pronounce the ingredient or don't know what it is, look it up. Things may just surprise you...

So I finally did it! I threw out all my health and beauty products that are full of junk... Glittery, delicious, shiny, beautiful, nasty, unhealthy, dirty junk.
My next few blog posts will be with DIY recipes that I am using to replace these everyday products.
First, here's a simple face serum.



What you need:
1 oz glass bottle with dropper top
sweet almond oil
Lavender essential oil

Put 15 drops of Lavender EO into the bottle.
Fill with sweet almond oil.

Shake before each use. Start with small amounts, a little goes a looooooong way. I recommend starting around your mouth, up to your cheeks and nose, and then your forehead. This way the layer on your forehead is not as thick. 
(On a hot day you will thank me when there isn't a thick layer of oil to melt into your eyes... trust me. I found out the hard way).

You can use this serum alone or layer under a cream if you need more moisture.

Since I started using this serum I have noticed less skin irritations and even less cramping during my period. Thank you Lavender EO! The best part is, I made it so I know exactly what I am putting on my body.

Stay tuned for more recipes (shampoo, body wash, and air freshener to come soon).
I am off to find something grain free and delicious to bake!
XOXOX
Lily Bean!


No comments:

Post a Comment