Sunday, October 19, 2014

DIY Shampoo - Safe and Sudsy



Hi there!
You may remember that I mentioned that I had made my own shampoo. I have now washed my hair a few times and feel comfortable sharing the recipe with you. I had to make one adjustment before I settled on a recipe that worked for me.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup pure castille soap (I use Dr. Bronner's)
1/2 cup distilled water
3 tablespoon baking soda
5 drops Peppermint essential oil 
5 drops Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oil

Add all ingredients to your bottle and shake gently. I say gently because it will bubble up a bit with the shaking. It would be a good idea to make a habit of giving the bottle a quick jolt prior to each use. This will be more watery than you are used to with conventional shampoo, but it's a small price to pay for the health benefits.

If you have not yet read the ingredients on your shampoo, I urge you to take a peek. Something you don't know? Lots of things you can't pronounce? Look them up here at Skin Deep. It may change your world.

It changed mine!! I am now researching a natural recipe to make lipstick. I love red lip stick more than any other make up... okay well maybe not more than my eyeliner but still ALOT. I would prefer wearing it knowing I'm not poisoning my body. I will keep you posted on this venture..

Until then!
XOXOX
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment