Saturday, October 18, 2014

Orange Creamsicle Cookies



Howdy!
If there is one thing I absolutely love, it is orange creamsicle shakes!! My absolute favorite is at Ruby's Diner... It is always especially delicious when enjoyed on the Huntington Beach pier locations while watching the ocean. Oh how I miss that!! I wish my friends could send me a shake in the mail!

I found a recipe for orange cookies that called for orange zest... but I had no oranges. Then the lightbulb went off!! I figured why not try my Orange essential oil... Boy am I ever glad I did! The orange and vanilla in these cookies remind me of my favorite shake at one of my favorite places: and that's how these Orange Creamsicle cookies were born.




Ingredients:
1/2 cup raw, unfiltered honey
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut flour
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
25 drops Orange essential oil


Whisk together the salt and coconut flour. Add the honey, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and orange essential oil and mix for 2 minutes.





Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes then drop by the tablespoon-ful scoops onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Use your fingers to flatten the dollop down and shape in a circle. (You should put some butter or olive oil on your finger so the dough doesn't stick.)




Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
Let cool on sheet for 2 minutes before placing and a cookie rack to cool completely.
Yield 36-40 cookies.


I learned not to fear cooking with my essential oils.
I am scheduled to present my first ever educational class on oils this week. I am thinking I will make a batch of these to take with me to share with the host and her guests. What a great way to showcase a great way to use the oils!

Wish me luck!!!
XOXOX
Lily Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment