Monday, October 20, 2014

Safe and Effective Air Freshener


Hello, hello!
Next in my mini-series of DIY recipes is a very simple, inexpensive air freshener.
Why would I consider making my won air freshener? Do an internet search of "dangers of air fresheners" and make your own informed decision. 

"According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), most store-bought air fresheners consist of formaldehyde, petrochemicals, p-dichlorobenzene and aerosol pollutants [source: EPA]. The agency's "Indoor Guide to Air Quality" also notes that air fresheners "release pollutants more or less continuously" [source:EPA]."

Do you want to breathe in "fresh" air full of pollutants, chemicals, carcinogens, and toxins? Or would you rather breathe in TRULY FRESH air using only a few dollars and absolutely no chemicals?

I cleanse and freshen the air in my house using only distilled water and therapeutic grade essential oils. Nothing more, nothing less. Absolutely nothing else. 

Ingredients:
Distilled water
8 drops Lemon Essential Oil
8 drops Purification Essential Oil

Add both the Lemon and Purification Oils to a 2 ounce glass spray bottle. Fill the rest with the distilled water. Shake well before each spray. This takes care of unpleasant odors with 3-5 sprays. It not only smells delicious, but is safe enough to spray all over yourself without fear of what you may be absorbing. 

I want to try some recipes out for Fall scent air fresheners... I just love all the Fall scents but can't bring myself to purchase any brand now that I know I can make my own safe spray.

Now to take a deep breathe of delicious, truly fresh air!
XOXOX
Lily Bean


No comments:

Post a Comment