Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Starting My Mean Green Cleaning Arsenal

Hi there!!
I was finally able to take a moment from my day to make Thieves household cleaner sprays. I have heard so many awesome reviews on Thieves products and I am beyond excited to finally be able to use them.


For those of you who are not yet familiar with Thieves household cleaner, let me fill you in on the important details. 
It is made of plant-based ingredients (including Thieves essential oil and Lemon essential oil) and uses a biodegradable formula. It is highly concentrated and will surprise you how far you stretch it by the cap-full. This household cleaner is strong enough to clean your toilet and safe enough to clean your dog. My friend even uses this in the kiddie pool to keep mosquitoes out without having any worry about the girls swimming in chemicals.

There are suggested usage ratios on the bottle but I did some asking around and these are the recipes I decided on using.
I bought a pack of commercial grade spray bottles at Sams. I love these sturdy bottles!!!


For the bathroom cleaning spray I used:
2 caps Thieves cleaner
6 drops Lemon EO 
4 drops Thieves EO
Fill with water


For the kitchen cleaning spray I used:
1 cap Thieves cleaner
3 drops Lemon EO
2 drops Thieves EO
Fill with water


For the linen refreshing spray I used:
1 caps Thieves cleaner
Fill with water

I am so excited to try these out when I do my housework tomorrow! I will admit, I already sprayed the couches because I couldn't wait to try them all out until tomorrow.
Here is a photo-op with my new cleaning arsenal.


I need to get a "squeeze" bottle so I can make a "soft scrub" type cleaner. I also want to make some laundry detergent. I hear you can simply wash a load with 1-2 caps of Thieves cleaner alone... it's just after years of washing clothes with conventional detergent I struggle with the thought of washing with only 1 tablespoon of cleanser. I am going to make a detergent mainly because I need to trick my brain to being okay with the change.



I am one step closer to ridding my life of chemicals!
Happy (safe and healthy) cleaning!
XOXOX
Lily Bean


1 comment:

  1. Green house cleaners are usually budget friendly. But the main reason people don't go with a green cleaning company is that they believe it's more expensive than a regular cleaning service.

    ReplyDelete